Fabric Pouch Craft
The Martha Stewart Show, January 2010
- Hem two short sides of fabric 3/4 inches, creating a channel.
- Fold fabric in half, right sides together, matching hemmed edges. Pin along raw edges. Tuck fold up inside two halves, about an inch, and pin in place.
- Sew sides, beginning at bottom and stopping before reaching the hemmed channels.
- Turn bag right-side out. Feed shoestring through both channels, with ends exiting at the same side. Feed both ends of the shoestring through a wooden bead.
- Fill bag with game tiles and grasp bead to pull closed.
- Fabric of choice, cut to 19 inches by 6 inches
- Scissors or rotary cutter
- Sewing machine threaded with coordinating thread
- Wooden bead with large (at least 1/4-inch) hole
This fabric case is a perfect way to store our Matching Memory Game or other small toys.
All materials available at crafts or sewing-supply stores.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.