Use this innovative spray technique to make a multicolored scarf without the mess of traditional dyes.
The Martha Stewart Show, Episode 5128
- Spread out silk scarf on a covered, flat surface. Spray silk scarf with two to three colors of fabric paint to create desired base pattern. Let dry.
- Scrunch the left and right sides of dyed scarf, making loose 1-inch pleats. Secure on ends with binder clips.
- Lightly spray pleated scarf with water.
- Spray black fabric paint over pleated scarf. Unfold and hang on clothesline to dry.
- Once dry, iron with a cool iron.
- Silk scarf
- Drop cloth or garbage bag for protecting work surface
- Simply Spray soft fabric paint in two or three colors of your choice
- Simply Spray soft fabric paint in black
- Spray bottle filled with water
- Clothesline and clothespin
Resources: Simply SprayAmazon. White China silk scarf used on show from Dharma Trading Company
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.