Valentine Treat Box
This charming treat box is the perfect way to share sweets -- it's a Valentine's Day Good Thing.
The Martha Stewart Show, February 2009
- Adhere card stock to the back of the decorative paper, using a Xyron machine, double-sided adhesive sheets, or a glue stick.
- Print the treat-box template. Staple the template to the fused papers to hold it in place, being careful not to staple within the treat box shape.
- Using a bone folder and ruler, score on the dotted lines. Punch holes where indicated with a screw punch.
- Cut on solid lines using a craft knife and/or scissors.
- Fold tabs on bottom of box and secure with double-sided tape. Fill box with candy.
- Fasten tabs on top of box. Feed ribbon through holes. Tip: Placing tape around the tip of the ribbon allows you to easily feed the ribbon through the holes.
- Tie a tight bow to close the box. Cutting on an angle, snip tape off ends of ribbon.
- Card stock
- Decorative paper
- Xyron Creative station with permanent adhesive cartridge (alternative: double-sided adhesive sheets or glue stick)
- Treat-box template
- Bone folder
- Screw punch
- Craft knife and/or scissors
- Double-sided tape
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.