Pounded-Grass Place Mats
White cotton or linen place mats are an ideal backdrop for a verdant lawn motif.
Martha Stewart Living, April 2006
- From a flat of wheatgrass, cut enough blades (removing roots) for one mat.
- Lay mat faceup over a sheet of white card stock. Arrange 5 to 8 blades along the base of the mat. Lay another sheet of card stock over blades. Hold it in place, and hammer in a uniform manner.
- Remove top piece of card stock; discard blades. Repeat, working in sections, using fresh grass.
- Designs will fade over time. Wash with mild detergent in cold water.
- White cotton or linen place mats
- Wheat grass
- White card stock
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.