Everyone is always looking for ways to be more organized, and it can be hard to find a home for some items, no matter how put together your home is. But a simple pegboard like this can help keep rooms clean, and items in plain sight and within reach when needed. Your wall never has to be marred by miscalculated nail holes or markings.
Tools and Materials
Circular saw or jigsaw (optional)
Satin or semigloss paint
Hanging hardware: 2 D-rings
Pegboard hardware and hook holders
Pegboard Organizer How-To
1. Begin with a piece of pegboard. Because pegboard usually comes in large sheets, either get the board cut to fit inside your frame where you buy it, or use a circular saw or a jigsaw to cut the pegboard to size at home.
2. Paint pegboard with satin or semigloss paint in a color of your choice. Let dry overnight.
3. Insert the painted pegboard into the frame and secure.
4. Attach the hanging hardware -- the two D-rings -- to the back of the frame to hang pegboard on wall.
5. Thread elastic horizontally through holes in the pegboard, pull tightly, and knot in back to form rows in which to hang and organize papers.
6. Add pegboard hardware and hook holders to the front side of board to hold your supplies. Be sure to snap the pegboard hook holders in completely to keep the hardware from wobbling. Everything on the pegboard is removable and adjustable, which makes changes or updates easy.