Table Decorations: Place-Card Holders
Bring a snippet of your Christmas tree to the table.
Photography: Earl Carter
Martha Stewart Living, December 2004
- With floral shears, cut slim evergreen branches into 4-inch segments. Trim off any nubs.
- Holding two segments of about the same thickness, adjust them to fit together snugly -- this might require some twisting, turning, and further trimming.
- Turn pair of branches over; run a line of hot glue across the pair's width, 1/4 inch from each end. Let dry.
- Write a guest's name on a 1-by-2 1/2-inch piece of card stock.
- Slip place card into holder; tuck a small evergreen sprig into one end.
- Floral shears
- Evergreen branches (about the thickness of a pencil)
- Hot-glue gun
- Card stock
- Calligraphy or felt-tip pen
- Small evergreen sprigs
Get more Table Decoration How-Tos.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.