The Martha Stewart Show, May 2006
- Use a saw to cut an aluminum pipe 1/4-inch shorter than the width of a galvanized tray.
- Smooth the edges of the pipe with sandpaper.
- To paint the tray, place the tray and pipe inside a cardboard box.
- Wearing a mask over your mouth and nose to prevent inhaling of paint particles, coat the tray and pipe with spray paint. Let dry overnight.
- Measure an elastic cord by wrapping it around the tray; cut the cord 2 inches shorter than the perimeter.
- Slip the elastic cord through the pipe, and tie ends together. Conceal the knot inside the pipe.
- Fill tray with napkins and fit the holder around the tray.
- If desired, affix EZ-Glides on bottom corners of the tray to prevent it from scratching surfaces.
- Galvanized tray (8 inches square)
- Aluminum pipe (3/8-inch diameter)
- Sandpaper (fine grit)
- Cardboard box
- Spray paint
- Elastic cord
- EZ-Glides, optional
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.