The Martha Stewart Show, September 2007
- Wind 2 or 3 bobbins with bobbin thread and thread machine with 40 wt. rayon embroidery thread.
- Insert a universal 90/14 needle and select design to embroider.
- Use one layer of heavy tear-away stabilizer and one layer of heavy water-soluble stabilizer.
- Add hoop clips. Mark vertical and horizontal center lines on stabilizer in the hoop.
- Determine placement of embroidery on towel and mark a vertical and a horizontal center line based on the position of the embroidery.
- Baste towel to hoop. Place a layer of heavy water-soluble stabilizer on top of towel and baste again.
- Once the design is complete, remove basting stitches. Tear away excess stabilizer from the front and back of towel. Remaining stabilizer will wash away when the towel is laundered.
- Bobbins with bobbin thread
- 40 wt. rayon embroidery thread
- Universal 90/14 needle
- Heavy tear-away stabilizer and heavy water-soluble stabilizer
- Sycrame Tree template
Disclaimer: To embroider this design on any sewing or embroidery machine, convert the design in your embroidery software according to your hoop or machine manufacturer instructions.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.