Martha Merit Badges
The Martha Stewart Show, March 2010
- To make printable canvas, iron a sheet of paper-backed Steam-A-Seam onto canvas. Trim fused canvas/Steam-A-Seam to letter size (8 1/2 by 11). Repeat to make two printable canvas sheets.
- Feed canvas "paper" into printer with the canvas side as the printable side. Download and print templates one and two onto canvas.
- Cut out badges along outer edge of outer solid line. Peel paper backing from badges and iron badges onto felt.
- Trim felt around badges with pinking shears.
- Embellish badges with beads, rhinestones, glitter, paint, bits of felt, etc. as desired.
- Hand-stitch or use fabric glue to attach badges to apron.
- Steam-A-Seam 2 double-sided iron-on adhesive
- Natural or white canvas (at least 1/4 yard)
- Rotary cutter
- Ink-jet printer
- Badge templates one and two
- Wool felt in desired color for badge backings
- Pinking shears
- Permanent glue for adding embellishments
- Needle and thread or fabric glue
Encourage kids to master essential skills with adorable Martha merit badges in cooking, sewing, gardening, petkeeping, and more.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.