Thanksgiving Table Tableau Decorations
Give thanks with style. Here's a harvest of ideas for creating a festively dressed affair.
Martha Stewart Living, November 2005
- Anchor tapers inside mini pumpkins to make centerpieces. Cut a hole inside each pumpkin with a utility knife, and then carve out space for candles with a melon baller.
- If desired, stack 2 and secure from inside hole with straight pins. With adhesive putty, affix tapers inside gourds and pumpkins to leaves that cover overturned pie plates.
- For place cards, write names on card stock, then sandwich each between mini heavy-duty magnets on inverted brioche or tartlet molds.
- Create a large table to seat the crowd by pushing 2 tables together and hiding the resulting seam with a runner. Use identical cloths for both tables, and place the runner crosswise over the top.
- Utility knife
- Mellon baller
- Adhesive tape
- Card stock
- Mini heavy-duty magnets
- Inverted brioche or tartlet molds.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.