Container Herb Garden
The Martha Stewart Show, Episode 5128
- Make sure your container has drainage holes; cover the holes with a pottery shard or a piece of landscape fabric.
- Half-fill container with a good organic potting soil that has been enriched with a time-released fertilizer.
- Remove herb plants from their plastic containers and gently loosen the roots.
- Place herbs into your container with the base of each plant 1/2 inch below the rim of the container or pot.
- Fill in around the root ball with potting soil, firming it down as you go.
- Water thoroughly, and place in a spot that has at least six to eight hours of direct sunlight a day.
- Container with draining holes
- Pottery shard or a piece of landscape fabric
- Organic potting soil enriched with a time-released fertilizer
- Herb plants
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.