DIY watercolor paint comes together easily with a few simple ingredients.
Source: Body+Soul, May 2010
- In a mixing bowl, mix 4 tablespoons baking soda with 2 tablespoons vinegar until fizzing stops. Add 1/2 teaspoon corn syrup and 2 tablespoons cornstarch. Mix until a uniform consistency.
- Pour the mixture into individual egg carton cups, filling each about a third to halfway.
- Add five to 10 drops of food coloring to each cup, mixing in thoroughly, to reach desired colors. (Experiment, or see color recipes below.)
- Allow paints to set overnight. Use paints on watercolor paper with a wet paintbrush.
- Baking soda
- White vinegar
- Light corn syrup
- Mixing bowl
- Mixing spoon
- Half-dozen egg carton
- Assorted food coloring 4-pack
- Popsicle sticks or skewers
© 2015 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.