Frosty Salted Pillar Candles
Put a handmade spin on pillars and votive candles for the most illuminating gifts of the season.
Source: Martha Stewart Living, December 2009
- Fill a rimmed baking sheet or tray with Epsom salts. Coat the entire outside surface of a pillar candle with Mod Podge glue, then roll the coated candle in the salts until fully covered.
- Set aside to dry (allow several hours), and repeat with remaining candles.
- Rimmed baking sheet or tray
- Epsom salts
- Small paintbrush
- 3-by-3-inch pillar candles and 3-by-6-inch
- Mod Podge gloss
- Passi-flora fabric, white on blue
Basic Epsom salts give blue candles an icy charm. Finish the scene with pinecones and bits of winter greenery.
Get more candle how-tos:
Decorative Decal Pillar Candles
Scented Soy Votive Candles
© 2015 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.