Turn basic terry-cloth towels into charming bath-time pals with this simple sewing project from "Martha Stewart's Encyclopedia of Sewing and Fabric Crafts."
The Martha Stewart Show, Episode 5128
- Fold hand towel in half, finished end to finished end. Print and tape together puppet pattern template, adjusting size, if desired. Trace puppet shape onto the folded towel, and cut out.
- Cut the pig's snout or dog's spot from washable felt; attach them with fabric glue.
- Embroider features using a satin stitch.
- Slip the felt ears between the towel layers (fold in the sides of the pig's ears first). Machine-sew around the perimeter of the puppet with a zigzag stitch.
- Sewing machine
- Sewing and fabric shears
- Chalk pencil or tailor's chalk
- Puppet pattern template
- Clear tape
- Hand towel (in pink or white)
- Washable felt
- Fabric glue
- Embroidery floss
- Embroidery needle
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.