Gold Rush Game
The Martha Stewart Show, May 2006
- Spray-paint river stones in gold to create nuggets.
- Use a marker to draw numbers on each nugget. These numbers will correspond to the number on the prize bags. Number as many stones as you have prize bags.
- To make prize bags, use a marker or stamp to place a dollar sign and number on each muslin bag.
- Use an awl to cut holes in disposable pie pans to create sifting tools.
- Hide the nuggets in a sandbox and place the sifting tools on the sand. A cactus cutout is the perfect place to hang prize bags for this kids' game.
- River stones
- Gold spray paint
- Muslin bags
- Dollar stamp, optional
- Aluminum pie pans
- Sand box
Children love to dig for treasure, and this game is perfect for an Old West-themed birthday party.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.