Pumpkin Flower Vase
The Martha Stewart Show, October 2006
- Put the cylindrical-shaped container on top of the pumpkin, to use as tracing guide. Using a pen, trace outside rim of container and score for a perfect fit.
- Cut off the top of the pumpkin. Be careful not to break the stem when removing the top.
- Scoop out the pulp on the inside with a pumpkin scoop or spoon. Discard pulp.
- Place the cylindrical container inside the pumpkin to hold the flowers.
- Pour water into the container and add flower food.
- Arrange a variety of seasonal flowers such as dahlias, cockscombs, rose hips, and mini crab apples.
- A round pumpkin
- Cylindrical-shaped container
- Knife or pumpkin-carving tool
- Pumpkin scoop or spoon
- Flower food
- Seasonal flowers
Pumpkins wear many hats this time of year, appearing in pies and soups as well as in centerpieces. Here's another use: Transform one into a colorful homemade vase.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.