Arugula Salad with Tomatoes
Plum-tomato wedges join a baby-arugula salad that features Mediterranean accents, including briny Kalamata olives and sweet green peppers. Choose tomatoes with deep-red coloring -- they have more lycopene than pale ones. Higher levels are also found in vine-ripened, garden-fresh tomatoes, compared with those that have been picked prematurely or greenhouse-grown.Return to Healthy Lycopene Menu
Photography: Yunhee Kim
Martha Stewart Living, August 2006
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 cups baby arugula
- 1 pound plum tomatoes cut into wedges
- 1/4 cup drained baby green peperoncini
- 1/2 cup Kalamata olives pitted
- 1/2 red onion thinly sliced
- 1/8 teaspoon coarse salt
- Freshly ground pepper
- Whisk vinegar and oil in a bowl until emulsified. Put arugula, tomatoes, peperoncini, olives, and onion into another bowl. Drizzle with dressing; toss to combine. Season with the salt and pepper.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.