Martha Stewart Living, July 2002
Yield Makes 2 dozen 4-inch fricos
- 9 ounces Asiago cheese, grated on the fine holes of a box grater to yield 3 1/2 cups
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- In a medium bowl, toss cheese and flour together. Heat a medium nonstick skillet over medium-low heat. Sprinkle 1 1/2 tablespoons of the cheese mixture into the pan to form a circle about 4 inches in diameter.
- Cook until the cheese is somewhat melted but not firm, about 2 minutes. Using a spatula, turn the cheese over, and cook until it is visibly firm and just taking on a little color, 30 seconds to 1 minute.
- Transfer the frico from the pan to a paper towel, and hold it in the palm of your hand. Press an offset spatula down the middle to form a taco shape. Transfer to paper towels to cool. Repeat with remaining cheese. Store at room temperature in an airtight container for 2 to 3 days.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.