Romaine, Avocado, and Corn Salad
Corn is in season from May through September but is at its peak in most places in late summer. Of the many varieties of sweet corn, the most commonly found are yellow, white, and bicolor (yellow and white).
Everyday Food, September 2003
- Prep Time 20 minutes
- Total Time 20 minutes
- Serves 4
Yield Serves 4
- 1/2 head romaine lettuce, cut into 1/2-inch strips
- 2 cups fresh corn kernels
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 avocado, peeled, pitted, and cubed
- 1 to 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- In a bowl combine the romaine, corn, and cherry tomatoes.
- Add 3/4 cup of avocado. Place the remaining avocado in a blender along with 1/3 cup water, lime juice, and chili powder; season with salt and pepper.
- Pour dressing over the salad; toss gently.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.