Butternut Squash Puree
Spread the puree on pizza dough for an unconventional sauce, or enrich it with a bit of butter and serve it as a side dish for chicken, pork, or lamb.
Martha Stewart Living, October 2002
- 1 medium butternut squash (about 3 pounds), halved lengthwise, peeled, seeded, and sliced 1/2 inch thick
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Spread squash in a single layer on a rimmed baking sheet. Toss with oil, and season with salt and pepper. Roast until golden and tender when pierced with a paring knife, about 45 minutes. Remove from oven.
- Transfer squash to the bowl of a food processor; puree until smooth. Season with salt and pepper. Set aside at room temperature until ready to use.
© 2013 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.