Fried Eggs with Prosciutto and Asparagus
For a quick weekend brunch or a light dinner, serve fried eggs over spears of blanched asparagus and prosciutto; Parmesan is sprinkled on top.
10th Anniversary Cookbook; Martha Stewart Living Cookbook, 2000
- 1 pound (16 spears) asparagus
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter, melted
- 4 large eggs
- 1/4 pound thinly sliced prosciutto
- 2 tablespoons freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon coarsely chopped flat-leaf parsley
- Snap off and discard tough ends of asparagus. Bring a large saute pan of salted water to a boil. Cook asparagus until just tender but still dark green, 4 to 5 minutes. Transfer to a clean kitchen towel; fold over. Set aside.
- Heat half of the butter in a large nonstick skillet over medium-low heat. Break eggs into skillet. Season with salt and pepper, and cook, covered, until set, about 4 minutes.
- Place several slices of prosciutto on each of four plates; arrange 4 spears asparagus on each. Brush with the remaining melted butter. Carefully place fried eggs on top, sprinkle with Parmesan and parsley, and serve.
© 2013 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.