Colored Butter Glaze
Martha Stewart Living, April 1998
- 8 teaspoons milk
- 1 liquid paste color
- 2 cups sifted confectioners' sugar
- 8 tablespoons (1 stick) unsalted butter
- Place the milk in a small bowl, and stir in the liquid paste color; set aside. Place 1 cup confectioners' sugar in a medium bowl, and set aside.
- In a small saucepan, melt 4 tablespoons butter over medium heat. Remove pan from heat, and immediately pour butter into the bowl with the sugar. Add 4 teaspoons colored milk, and whisk until smooth. Glaze three of the cakes; the mixture should be just thin enough so that it runs down the sides of the cake.
- Repeat the second step to glaze the remaining three egg cakes.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.