Tortilla Pie with Chicken
Toast the tortillas over a low flame or in a dry skillet. If you can't find tomatillos for the green salsa, make a red version instead -- it'll taste a little sweeter.
Everyday Food, April 2009
- Prep Time 10 minutes
- Total Time 45 minutes
- Serves 4
Yield Serves 4
- 12 corn tortillas (6-inch), toasted
- 2 cups cooked, shredded dark-meat chicken
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chiles
- 1 1/2 cups <u>Green or Red Salsa</u>
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 1/2 cups Monterey Jack cheese, shredded (6 ounces)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. In an 8-inch square baking dish, layer 4 tortillas, 1 cup chicken, cup chiles, 1/2 cup salsa, 1/3 cup sour cream, and 1/2 cup cheese; repeat once. Top with remaining tortillas, salsa, sour cream, and cheese. Bake until top is browned and bubbling, 30 to 40 minutes.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.