Roasted Acorn Squash with Cinnamon Butter
You can make the squash up to one day ahead. Reheat in the oven before serving.
Everyday Food, November 2008
- Prep Time 10 minutes
- Total Time 55 minutes
- Serves 8
Yield Serves 8
- 2 acorn squash (about 1 1/2 pounds each), unpeeled, quartered lengthwise, and seeded
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees. On a large rimmed baking sheet, toss squash with oil; season with salt and pepper. Arrange on sheet, cut side down, and roast until easily pierced with a paring knife, 35 to 45 minutes.
- In a small saucepan, melt butter over medium heat, stirring, until golden brown, 4 to 6 minutes. Immediately pour into a small bowl; stir in cinnamon. Place squash on a serving platter; top with cinnamon butter.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.