Tuna and Egg Sandwich with Garlic Vinaigrette
Vinaigrette is a simple blend of oil, vinegar, salt, and pepper. Mustard is also commonly added. You can add an extra flavoring or two, such as herbs, scallions, garlic, or cheese.
Everyday Food, January/February 2003
- Prep Time 10 minutes
- Total Time 30 minutes
Yield Serves 4
- 1/2 onion, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup olives, pitted and chopped (optional)
- 2 hard-cooked eggs, peeled and sliced
- 8 slices country bread
- 1/2 recipe Martha's Favorite Vinaigrette (http://www.marthastewart.com/258063/marthas-favorite-vinaigrette)
- Romaine lettuce
- 2 6-ounce cans drained tuna
- Soak 1/2 onion, thinly sliced, in very cold water for 20 minutes. Drain on paper towels. Pit and chop 1/2 cup olives (optional). Peel and slice 2 hard-cooked eggs.
- Brush 8 thick slices country bread on one side, using one half recipe of garlic vinaigrette. Make sandwiches, layering romaine lettuce, two 6-ounce cans drained tuna, olives, onion, and eggs.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.