Pesto can be refrigerated, covered by a thin layer of olive oil in an airtight container, up to 1 week.
Martha Stewart Living, February 2005
- 3 cups loosely packed fresh basil leaves
- 2 tablespoons pine nuts, toasted
- 1 clove garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse salt
- 3/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- Freshly ground pepper
- Process basil, pine nuts, garlic, and salt in a food processor until combined. With processor running, add oil in a slow, steady stream; process until smooth. Stir in Parmesan. Season with pepper.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.