- 1 tablespoon coarse salt
- 2 tablespoons cayenne pepper
- 1 1/2 teaspoons paprika
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 large egg whites
- 5 cups (20 ounces) pecans
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees. Line 2 rimmed baking sheets with parchment paper. In a bowl, combine salt, cayenne pepper, paprika, and sugar.
- In a medium bowl, whisk egg whites until foamy. Whisk in spice mixture. Stir in pecans. Spread coated pecans in a single layer onto the baking sheets. Bake for about 15 minutes, then reduce oven temperature to 250 degrees. Rotate the sheets in oven, and cook for 10 minutes more.
- Immediately spread pecans in a single layer on clean parchment paper; let cool before serving or storing. (Pecans will keep, in an airtight container, up to 1 week at room temperature.)
© 2013 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.