Spicy Cucumber Salsa
Serve with Spice-Rubbed Grilled Salmon with Spicy Cucumber Salsa.
Photography: Thibault Jeanson
Martha Stewart Living, June 1996
- 2 seedless cucumbers (2 pounds)
- 2 medium shallots, peeled and trimmed
- 1 1/2 tablespoons minced jalapeno pepper
- 1 1/2 cups loosely packed fresh mint, chopped medium fine
- 2 tablespoons champagne vinegar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- Peel cucumbers in strips for a striped effect. Cut in half lengthwise; remove any seeds. Cut crosswise into 1/8-inch slices.
- Combine cucumbers, shallots, jalapeno, and mint. In a small bowl, combine vinegar, salt, and pepper. Gradually whisk in olive oil until combined. Pour over cucumbers, and toss gently to combine. Serve.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.