Martha Stewart Weddings, Summer 2004
Yield Makes about 1 pound
- 10 1/2 ounces bittersweet chocolate couverture finely chopped
- 1/2 cup light corn syrup
- 2 ounces cocoa butter melted
- Valrhona cocoa powder for dusting
- Place chocolate in a medium heat-proof bowl set over a saucepan of simmering water. Melt to 110 degrees.to 115 degrees.
- Place light corn syrup in small heavy-bottomed saucepan; heat to 95 degrees. and pour into melted chocolate. Add cocoa butter; stir well to combine. Set mixture aside in a cool, dry place, stirring occasionally until firm and pliable, 1 1/2 to 2 hours.
- Wrap mixture tightly in plastic wrap. Shape into a flat disk, and chill until firm, about 1 hour. Transfer mixture to a clean work surface; knead to a smooth consistency. If modeling chocolate is sticky, sift a light layer of cocoa powder over work surface prior to rolling out. Store wrapped tightly in plastic wrap for up to 1 month.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.