Green Beans and Almonds
Everyday Food, July/August
- Prep Time 10 minutes
- Total Time 25 minutes
Yield Serves 4
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 1 3/4 pounds green beans, stem end trimmed
- 1/2 cup sliced unblanched almonds
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add green beans; cook until bright green and tender, 6 to 8 minutes. Drain in a colander; rinse under cold water, and pat dry.
- Meanwhile, spread nuts in a single layer on a baking sheet; toast in oven until golden brown and fragrant, about 7 minutes. Transfer to a plate to cool.
- In a large bowl, toss green beans with oil; season with salt and pepper. Transfer to a serving dish. Garnish with toasted almonds.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.