Mixed Green Salad with Citrus Dressing
Salad greens should be crisp, with firm outer leaves. They should also smell sweet, not bitter. When possible, purchase unpackaged lettuce.
Everyday Food, May 2004
- Prep Time 20 minutes
- Total Time 20 minutes
- Serves 4
Yield Serves 4
- 2 tablespoons fresh orange juice
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon minced shallot
- 2 teaspoons white-wine vinegar
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 bunch (8 ounces) arugula, stemmed (7 to 8 cups)
- 4 ounces frisee, torn in bite-sized pieces (4 cups)
- 1 small head radicchio (4 ounces), torn in bite-size pieces (4 cups)
- In a blender, combine juice, honey, shallot, and vinegar. Season with salt and pepper. Blend until smooth. With motor running, add oil in a steady stream until emulsified.
- In a large bowl, toss arugula, frisee, and radicchio with dressing; season with more salt and pepper. Serve immediately.
© 2013 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.