On the side good idea! eating RIGHT, bit by bit
Everyday Food, January 2007
- Prep Time 5 minutes
- Total Time 1 hour 5 minutes
Yield serves 4
- 4 medium red onions, peeled, quartered, and layers separated
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary
- coarse salt and ground pepper
- 1 Preheat oven to 450. Line a rimmed baking sheet with aluminum foil. Place onions on sheet; toss with oil, 2 tablespoons vinegar, and rosemary. Season with salt and pepper.
- 2 With another piece of foil, cover baking sheet, and seal tightly. Roast until onions have begun to soften, about 30 minutes. Uncover, and continue to roast, tossing occasionally, until onions have softened and browned, about 30 minutes. Toss with remaining vinegar, and serve.
© 2013 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.