Spinach and Pepper Pita Pizzas
Always inspect spinach before you buy it. The leaves should be deep green and healthy-looking, not yellow, wilted, or slimy.
Everyday Food, April 2004
- Prep Time 20 minutes
- Total Time 25 minutes
- Serves 4
Yield Serves 4
- 4 mini whole-wheat pitas
- 2 ounces thinly sliced trimmed spinach (2 cups)
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced roasted red bell peppers
- 2 to 3 ounces shredded Havarti cheese (preferably dill-flavored)
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Place pitas on a baking sheet. Top with spinach, peppers, and cheese, dividing evenly. Season with salt and pepper.
- Bake until cheese is bubbly and golden brown, 5 to 6 minutes.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.