Salmon with Leeks
Leeks can be extremely dirty and are best cleaned after they've been trimmed and cut. Soak cut leeks in a bowl of cool water; lift them out, replace water, and repeat until no grit remains at the bottom of bowl.
Everyday Food, April 2006
- Prep Time 10 minutes
- Total Time 40 minutes
- Serves 4
Yield Serves 4
- 8 medium leeks, (about 3 pounds), whites and light-green parts only, quartered lengthwise and halved crosswise, cleaned
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 1/2 pounds salmon fillet, halved lengthwise then crosswise
- Lemon wedges, for serving
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees. On a large rimmed baking sheet, toss leeks with oil; season with salt and pepper. Roast, tossing once, until beginning to soften, 12 to 15 minutes.
- Remove leeks from oven, toss with pan juices to coat, and push to edges of baking sheet. Arrange salmon pieces in center, and season generously with salt and pepper.
- Return to oven; roast until salmon is just opaque throughout, 10 to 15 minutes (depending on thickness). Serve salmon with leeks and lemon wedges.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.