Cranberry-Pistachio Cornmeal Biscotti
Green pistachios and red cranberries combine to make a cookie perfect for Christmas. Cornmeal gives these biscotti an extra crumbly and sandy texture, while the dried cranberries add a chewy element.
Martha Stewart's Cookies
Yield Makes about 2 dozen
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/4 cups yellow cornmeal
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse salt
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon finely grated lemon zest
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- 1 cup chopped pistachios
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees with rack in center. Whisk together flour, cornmeal, baking powder, and salt.
- Put butter in the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment; mix on medium speed until smooth. Add sugar and mix until pale and fluffy. Mix in eggs one at a time, until well combined. Reduce speed to low. Add flour mixture all at once; mix until just combined. Add lemon zest, cranberries, and pistachios and mix until combined.
- Transfer dough to a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Pat into a log that is roughly 14 by 3 1/2 inches. Bake until firm, lightly browned, and slightly cracked on top, 30 to 35 minutes. Let cool on sheet on a wire rack, about 15 minutes.
- Transfer log to a cutting board. Using a serrated knife, cut on the diagonal into 1/2-inch-thick slices. Arrange slices on a baking sheet lined with parchment. Bake cookies, rotating sheet halfway through, until they begin to brown at edges, 15 to 18 minutes.
© 2013 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.