Snowy Chocolate Truffles
We use these snowy chocolate truffles to adorn our festive Birche de Noel, a beautiful Christmas treat.
Martha Stewart Living Television, December 2000
- 1 1/2 cups slivered almonds (optional)
- 1 pound best-quality bittersweet chocolate
- 1 cup heavy cream
- Confectioners' sugar, for dusting
- Heat oven to 350 degrees. Place almonds, if using, on a baking sheet, and toast until fragrant, about 10 minutes. Set aside to cool. Use a serrated knife to finely chop chocolate. Place in a heat-proof bowl; set aside.
- In a small saucepan, bring cream to a boil. Pour directly over chopped chocolate, stirring to fully incorporate. Let sit for 10 minutes. Stir until completely smooth. Allow to cool for 20 minutes.
- Stir in almonds, if using, and place in the refrigerator until set. Use a melon baller or 1 1/4-inch ice cream scoop to portion out chocolate. Roll the mixture between palms to form 1-inch truffles. Refrigerate until ready to serve. Coat with confectioners' sugar before serving.
© 2013 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.