Soupy Black Beans
Use pantry items to create this easy side dish.
- Prep Time 10 minutes
- Total Time 45 minutes
- Serves 4
Yield Serves 4
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons chopped canned green chiles
- 2 cans (14.5 ounces each) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 4 cups water
- 1/4 cup prepared salsa
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- In a medium saucepan, heat oil over medium heat. Add scallions and garlic; cook until fragrant, about 1 minute. Add green chiles, black beans, and water.
- Raise heat; bring to a boil. Reduce to a simmer; cook until thickened, stirring occasionally, about 10 minutes. Stir in salsa until heated through. Season with salt and pepper.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.