Southwestern Chicken Wraps
You don't have to cook anything to make this sandwich -- pick up a rotisserie chicken, or substitute leftover Thanksgiving turkey.
Everyday Food, November 2003
- Prep Time 20 minutes
- Total Time 20 minutes
- Serves 4
Yield Serves 4
- 3/4 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 2 to 3 tablespoons chopped pickled jalapenos
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 4 sandwich wraps (10 inches each)
- 3 cups baby spinach
- 3 cups shredded cooked chicken or turkey
- 1 can (15 ounces) drained and rinsed black beans
- 1 large tomato, thinly sliced
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 avocado, thinly sliced
- In a bowl, whisk together sour cream, jalapenos, and lime juice; season with salt and pepper.
- Spread sandwich wraps with sour-cream sauce, leaving a 2-inch border. In center of wraps, layer equal amounts of baby spinach, shredded chicken, black beans, tomato, onion, and avocado. For each wrap, fold two sides of wrap over filling, then roll tightly, ending seam side down.
© 2013 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.