Spinach and Bacon Frittata
Everyday Food, September 2009
- Prep Time 25 minutes
- Total Time 40 minutes
- Yield Serves 4
- 6 large eggs
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 5 strips bacon, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 5 boiled potatoes, quartered
- 2 bunches spinach (about 10 ounces each), trimmed, washed, and roughly chopped
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons white-wine vinegar
- 1 head Boston lettuce
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a medium bowl, whisk together eggs, ricotta, Parmesan, 1 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Set aside.
- In a medium nonstick ovenproof skillet, cook bacon over medium-high until crisp, 6 to 7 minutes. Drain all but 1 teaspoon fat from pan. Add potatoes and cook until warmed through, 2 to 3 minutes. Add spinach and toss until barely wilted, about 30 seconds.
- Add egg mixture and stir until slightly thickened, about 1 minute. Transfer skillet to oven and bake until center is set, about 15 minutes.
- Run a rubber spatula around edge of frittata and slide it onto a serving plate. Whisk together oil and vinegar; season with salt and pepper. Toss lettuce with dressing. Serve frittata with salad.
© 2013 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.