Pecorino Romano, a hard straw-white cheese, is used to bread chicken. The cheese has an intense, peppery flavor -- think saltier Parmesan with a kick. Of the many varieties of pecorino, Romano is the most popular and is widely available.
Everyday Food, April 2008
- Prep Time 5 minutes
- Total Time 45 minutes
- Serves 4
Yield Serves 4
- 2 slices white sandwich bread
- 3/4 cup finely shredded Pecorino Romano cheese (2 ounces)
- 4 bone-in, skin-on chicken breast halves
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Line a rimmed baking sheet with aluminum foil. In a food processor, pulse bread and Pecorino until coarse crumbs form.
- Season chicken with salt and pepper. Press crumb mixture onto skin side of chicken; transfer to prepared sheet. Bake until crust is golden and chicken is cooked through, 35 to 40 minutes.
© 2013 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.