Ina's Lemon Capellini with Caviar
Ina Garten, owner of the gourmet food store Barefoot Contessa in East Hampton, New York, likes to serve this special appetizer or dinner for a celebration or New Year's Eve. Use the highest-quality fresh malossol caviar you can afford. Osetra is usually the best for the money.
Martha Stewart Living, April 1999
- Olive oil
- 1 pound dried capellini
- 1/2 pound unsalted butter, melted
- Zest and juice of 2 lemons, plus additional zest for garnish
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground white pepper
- 150 grams very good black caviar
- Drizzle some olive oil in a large pot of boiling salted water; add capellini, and cook until al dente. Drain quickly, leaving a little of the water. Quickly toss capellini with melted butter, lemon zest, lemon juice, salt, and pepper.
- Place one serving of pasta on each plate, and top with a large dollop of fresh caviar. Garnish with extra grated lemon zest. Serve immediately.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.