This recipe is from Pamela Fitzpatrick and Michael Grieb of Fox and Abel market in Chicago. They shared it with Martha Stewart Living Radio (Sirius channel 112).
Source: Radio, June Summer 2008
- 3 cups cups (minus 2 teaspoons) pastry flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 4 1/2 ounces Plugra butter, cold
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 3 ounces vegetable shortening
- Pinch of nutmeg
- Sift all dry ingredients into a large bowl.
- Add cold butter in bits and mix only until crumbly. Add buttermilk and mix until combined.
- Remove from bowl and knead for 20 seconds. Place clumps of biscuit dough all over filling.
- Bake at 325 degrees for approximately 40 minutes.
© 2015 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.