This recipe is from Pamela Fitzpatrick and Michael Grieb of Fox and Abel market in Chicago. They shared it with Martha Stewart Living Radio (Sirius channel 112).
Radio, June Summer 2008
- 3 cups cups (minus 2 teaspoons) pastry flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 4 1/2 ounces Plugra butter, cold
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 3 ounces vegetable shortening
- Pinch of nutmeg
- Sift all dry ingredients into a large bowl.
- Add cold butter in bits and mix only until crumbly. Add buttermilk and mix until combined.
- Remove from bowl and knead for 20 seconds. Place clumps of biscuit dough all over filling.
- Bake at 325 degrees for approximately 40 minutes.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.