Scrambled Eggs with Creme Fraiche and Caviar in Eggshell Cups
Prepare this special egg dish: scrambled eggs with creme fraiche and caviar in eggshell cups for a delicious breakfast.
The Martha Stewart Show
- Yield Serves 4
Serves 4 to 8
- 4 large brown or white eggs, or a mix
- 1/8 cup heavy cream
- Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- Creme fraiche, or sour cream, for serving
- Salmon roe or sevruga caviar, or both, for serving
- Bring a small pot of water to a boil. Hold an egg in one hand, tapered end up. Place an egg topper over the top, and squeeze, using a scissor motion. Discard top of egg. Pour egg into a medium bowl. Repeat with remaining eggs. Boil shells 5 minutes. Using a slotted spoon, transfer to a wire rack. Let dry, cut sides down.
- Whisk together eggs and cream. Season with salt and pepper. Melt butter in a medium nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add eggs. Using a rubber spatula, stir to create curds and slide eggs from edges to center. Cook until set, 3 to 4 minutes.
- Transfer eggs to a pastry bag fitted with a 1/2-inch plain round tip. Pipe eggs into shells. Transfer shells to egg cups. Top with creme fraiche and caviar.
© 2013 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.