Walnut-Blue Cheese Coins
The blue cheese makes these crackers quite rich.
Martha Stewart Living, November 1997
- 1 cup toasted walnuts, (3 1/4 ounces)
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour, plus more for dusting
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 tablespoons cold unsalted butter, cut in pieces
- 1/4 pound blue cheese, crumbled
- Coarse salt, for sprinkling
- In the bowl of a food processor, finely grind 1/2 cup walnuts. Add flour, salt, pepper, and baking soda; pulse to combine. Add butter; pulse until mixture resembles coarse meal. Add cheese; pulse until dough comes together, about 15 seconds.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Transfer dough to lightly floured surface; divide into two equal parts. Using your hands, roll dough into two 1 1/2-inch-diameter logs. Coarsely chop remaining 1/2 cup walnuts; sprinkle over a clean work surface. Roll logs in walnuts. Wrap each log in plastic wrap, and chill until firm, at least 3 hours.
- Slice logs into 1/4-inch-thick coins. Transfer to ungreased baking sheet; sprinkle lightly with coarse salt. Bake until centers are firm to the touch, about 15 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack to cool. Store in an airtight container, at room temperature, 3 to 4 days.
© 2013 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.