Blueberry Dog Biscuits
Associate food producer Courtney Knapp shared recipes for blueberry and cheddar-apple dog biscuits from her mother, Marcia Knapp. Marcia bakes them for Izzy, the family's dog, and developed them for their two previous dogs, Sam and Bailey (pictured).Photo credit: SB Atkins
The Martha Stewart Show, October 2009
- 1 1/2 cups oat flour
- 2 1/2 cups quinoa flour
- 3/4 cup flax meal
- 1/2 cup frozen, organic, unsweetened blueberries
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 large egg
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a baking sheet with a nonstick baking mat or parchment paper; set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix together all ingredients with 1 cup water to form a dough. Roll out mixture between two sheets of plastic wrap to 1/4-inch thick; remove plastic wrap and cut out biscuits with a 3 1/2-inch bone-shaped cookie cutter. Reroll scraps and continue cutting out biscuits.
- Space biscuits 1 inch apart on prepared baking sheet. Bake for 30 minutes until nicely browned and firm.
- Transfer biscuits to a wire rack. Turn off oven and place biscuits on wire rack in oven overnight. Remove from oven and store in an airtight container up to 2 weeks.
© 2013 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.