Mario Bosquez's Corn Pudding
Mario Bosquez, host of "Living Today" on Martha Stewart Living Radio (Sirius channel 112) shares his special recipe for corn pudding.
Radio, January Winter 2008
- 6 ears of fresh corn
- 1 package of cream cheese
- 3/4 cups sugar
- 1 1/2 cups butter
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 6 large eggs or 8 medium eggs
- Pinch of salt
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees. Bring cream cheese to room temperature or soften in microwave on low setting for a few minutes. Do not overheat.
- Remove all of the corn from the ears and be sure to scrape down the sides so that you get all of the juice from the cob. Beat the eggs and add the rest of the ingredients together and incorporate well.
- Pour into a small glass or metal baking dish and bake for 40 to 50 minutes or until golden brown. You may want to insert a toothpick into the center to be sure that it comes out clean. Cut into small pieces and serve as a side dish.
- Addtional notes from Mario: In my experience, making this pudding with butter instead of margarine makes for a more delicious version.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.