Mexican Fondue with Chorizo and Chiles
- 2 pounds Chihuahua or Monterey Jack cheese, shredded
- 2 poblano chiles
- 1 red bell pepper
- 3/4 pound <a target="_blank" href="http://www.wholefoods.com">Mexican chorizo</a>, casings removed and crumbled
- Small corn tortillas, warmed, for serving
- Place poblanos and bell pepper directly over the flame of a gas-stove burner on high heat. Roast peppers, turning with tongs, until blackened all over. (Alternatively, broil peppers on a baking sheet, turning, until skin has charred.) Transfer to a large bowl, and cover immediately with plastic wrap. Set aside to steam 15 minutes. Peel peppers; discard skins, stems, seeds, and ribs. Cut into 1/4-inch strips. Set aside.
- Heat a medium heavy-bottomed saucepan over medium-high heat. Add chorizo, and cook 2 to 3 minutes. Reduce heat to low, and add cheese and pepper strips. Cook, stirring, until melted. Serve immediately by spooning onto tortillas. Roll up the tortillas to eat.
© 2013 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.