Use this pie dough to make our Caramelized Apple Tart.
Martha Stewart Living, March 2009
- Prep Time 20 minutes
- Total Time 1 hour 20 minutes
- Yield Makes one 9-inch crust
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 4 ounces (1 stick) cold unsalted butter, cut into small pieces
- 2 to 4 tablespoons ice water
- Pulse flour, salt, and sugar in a food processor until combined. Add butter, and process until mixture resembles coarse meal, about 10 seconds. With the machine running, add ice water in a slow, steady stream until mixture just begins to hold together.
- Shape dough into a disk, wrap in plastic, and refrigerate until firm, about 1 hour (or up to 2 days).
© 2013 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.