Tuna Salad and Cheese Roll-Ups
- 1 small crisp apple, such as Granny Smith, peeled, cored, and very finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2 (6-ounce) cans solid white tuna packed in water
- 2 sticks of celery, cut into 1/4-inch pieces
- 1/2 cup light mayonnaise
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 lavash flatbread
- 6 slices of cheese, such as Kraft Singles
- 4 lettuce leaves, preferably green leaf
- In a medium bowl, toss the apples with the lemon juice until coated. Add the tuna, celery, mayonnaise, salt, and pepper and stir with a fork until tuna is broken up and mixture is combined.
- Lay the lavash on a large sheet of parchment paper on a work surface and cover with the cheese slices in a single layer, followed by a single layer of lettuce leaves. Evenly place the tuna salad along the bottom edge of the lavash. Using the parchment as a guide, tightly roll the sandwich beginning with a long side and wrap tightly in the parchment, taping the paper as necessary.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.