Caramelized Peach and Brie Quesadilla with Red Chile Honey
This recipe comes from chef Chris Santos from the Stanton Social in New York City.
Yield Makes 4 servings (2 quesadillas, 16 slices)
- 12 6-inch flour tortillas
- 1 peach, sliced and sauteed quickly with chopped thyme
- 1/4 pound Brie, cut into very thin slices
- 1/4 of one red onion, sauteed slowly in butter (until caramelized)
- For the Chile Honey
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon ancho chile powder
- Combine all ingredients for chile honey in mixing bowl. Stir and set aside.
- Place two tortillas on a flat surface. Evenly distribute about 1/4 of the peaches, onions, and Brie on each of the layers. Season well with salt and pepper.
- Stack the tortillas on top of each other. Add a plain tortilla on top to complete the three layers. Press down firmly. Repeat procedure using remaining ingredients.
- To cook, place on hot barbecue grill or in saute pan with very little oil. Grill until golden on one side. Flip and grill until golden on the other side.
- Cut each stack into eight triangular slices. Drizzle with chile honey.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.